NAD T762 A/V Receiver w/ Klipsch

dPhoenix

Nad has a serious good rep for Audio Reproduction.

If I was to choose between the two, I would definitely go for the T-762. It because it has 6 channels, for DTS. I think if you have alot of components, NAD's T762 should have all the inputs and outputs you need. My friend has a NAD's 2 channel system and he swears by NADs.

When I was looking for a AVR for my setup, I was juggling the Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX versus the Denon 3802 versus the NAD t-762 versus Yamaha RX-V2300.

Ulitimately the Pioneer won out because of the DD-EX support which Denon added later in the 3803. Nad and Yamaha had only 6 channel support where Pioneer had 7 channel. So that was the ultimate factor.

NAD does have a questionable concerns about its product quality/durability in the recent past but then again, you have folks with 20 year old NADs equipment with no problems. Some other people have had trouble with their customer support. I think if you go NADs, its more important to go through a trustworthy dealer to stand behind the product.

I'm keeping an eye on this thread, I'm interested in NAD myself. I've heard they sound very good with Klipsch. I understand they are coming out with a new 773 model. I believe it's about a 120 watts per 7 channel model. Probably be quite a bit more expensive than the 762 though.

I've also heard the 762 now has an adjustable

subwoofer crossover. Can anyone verify this?

There is no mention of it in their online instruction manual.

If you can't wait till the end of 2003, you should be able to get the T763 model which will replace the T762. There's not a whole lot of differences but a lot of the bugs/quirks in the T762 is apparently fixed. You can read up on this in the AVS Forums. Here's a link on NAD's website of the new and upcoming products.

http://www.nadelectronics.com/news/ds/