The always evolving system setup

erdric

O.K., without going into all the gory details I have just switched my surrounds back to my ss-1's from a pair of Kg-3's. After getting used to the bigger sound of the 3's I'm finding the ss-1's a bit lacking. Would an upgrade to the Rs-3's make a big difference?

I'm running a pair of Kg-4's for mains and an Sc-1 for the center. Will the Rs-3's be O.K. with these?

BTW, the new Rs-7's look to be out of my price range.

Any thoughts?

The RS-3's will give you a lot more depth and frequency range than the ss-1's, but they will not match very well to the SC-1. If you go with the RS-3's, you will probably want to upgrade to the RC-3 at some point, IMHO that is.

------------------

RF-3's : mains

RC-3 : center

RS-3's : surrounds

KSW-12: subwoofer

Receiver: Denon 2801

DVD: Panasonic DVD-A120

CD: Yamaha CDC-765

Cables: Tributaries

Sat Receiver: Hughes Direct-TV DD5.1

Thanks Jeff.

I'll probably go with the RS-3's and then upgrade to the RC-3. I'm always tinkering or upgrading so I'd probably upgrade the center eventually. I'd love to get my hands on an academy. That's supposedly the perfect match for the Kg-4's.

JTS8 posted the following:

Since I see a few posts about the Acadamy center, one is to be had on Ebay! it's item #1240338060 good luck!

Thought I would add it in case you had not seen it. For HT, the center is perhaps the most critical speaker... go for it before the surrounds IMHO. HornEd