speakers

mando

Hello all, I have a question about a HT speaker setup. I am about to get a system set up an this is what the installer suggested,

Fronts: RCW-3's in the wall

Center: RB-3

Sub: RSW-10

Rears: RB-3's

Receiver: Harman Kardon HK-325

Question, should'nt I use a regular center speaker like RC-25 for my center, and will the wall speakers be as good as the bookshelf speaker in the front. What do you guys think?1.gif

I have a R3 setup, look at my signature. My recommendations are:

Center: Most suitable for your center will be RC-35, RC-25 will be weak.

Fronts: I wouldn't use inwall for the Fronts, rather the RB-3 (put the inwall as rears). If you go with RC-35 for center, then get RF-3 for Fronts, you won't regret it a single minute.

Rears: RB-3, RS-3, or inwall

I love my setup, although I am thinking of upgrading to RC-7 for the center, it is the most important speaker for HT.

----------------

On 8/25/2003 5:42:59 PM mando wrote:

Thanks for the advice. The real issue with using in walls as fronts is that I have a 6 month old who I am afraid will knock them over.

----------------

If you have carpet and you use Carpet spikes, I doubt the Floor fronts will be knocked over. Most are over 40 pounds in weight. A baby would have to push over its own weight with out any support from its feet to do that. Personally, I would be more worried about a bookshelf on a stand since its 2 pieces. the stand might be heavy, but the speaker may not be firmly on the stand. We have a active 20 month old and we trained her to stay away from the speakers so she does.

Vladi,

I would not recommend replacing your RC-3 with a RC-7. Both your RF-3 and RC-3 use a 1" compression driver whereas the RC-7 uses a 1.75" one. It is true that center is very importmant, but what is just as important is that all three front speakers MATCH. You could try listening to the new RC-35. It uses a 1" compression driver and a 6" tractrix horn and with the larger enclosure it might sound a little better overall. Do you have the RC-3 set to "large"? If not, try that first.

----------------

On 8/25/2003 6:36:16 PM Vladi wrote:

No, the RC-3 and RC-3II both use 6" horn as well, not 5". Nevertheless, the RC-3 is kind of lacking compared to the RF-3.

----------------

Some other thread had comments that the RC-35 will match better then the RC3II with the RF3.

James

----------------

On 8/25/2003 6:36:16 PM Vladi wrote:

No, the RC-3 and RC-3II both use 6" horn as well, not 5". Nevertheless, the RC-3 is kind of lacking compared to the RF-3.

----------------

You are correct! I must have accidently clicked on RB-3 (which does have the 5" horn) instead of RC-3. I'll correct my post...