You would not believe the system in my cinema class!

kenratboy

$6,000 Sharp projector @ ~150" screen

KEF Q7 LR and surrounds (wall-mounted thanks to metal brackets)

KEF Q9 center (sitting above the screen pointing towards the middle of the room)

Unknown subwoofer (I think its a 15" JBL Pro)

Sony ES preamp, amp, and DVD player

JVC S-VHS VRC (the REALLY nice one)

Everything is <1 year old. The room is meant for serious movie watching. It has a sloped floor and real movie theater chairs (with stains!), so it really works. Total light-blocking is possible in the room, and the acoustics are good at the WORST.

It sound VERY nice, and it's setup properly, so it is even better. This will be a fun class. I was expecting some lame RCA speakers and a $999.99 projector on a cart.

To make it even better, this class is ONLY cop movies, and not the lame ones. This will be the best class EVAR!!! 9.gif

College - humanities credits...

We will be seeing a lot of movies I have never heard of, and from the feedback I got from the class, they are all good ones. Once of the professors teaches criminal justice and was a cop for over 20 years, and we will be contrasting movies with reality and stuff like that.

If anything, it's an easy A, the chairs are comforatable, and the equiptment is good.

Kenratboy, you will enjoy this class I'm sure, it sounds awesome. Even if it's just cop movies, any movie class kicks *** in my opinion. Infact, it sounds very similar to the class I just had last semester. The teacher was critic Leonard Maltin, and we watched movies before they'd come out (so we saw The Hunted, Daredevil, Life of David Gale, Spellbound, City of God, The Recruit, Better Luck Tomorrow, Tears of the Sun, Adaptation, just to name a few) and then the best part was...

the director/screenwriter/producer and/or the actors would come out in person to be interviewed by him (like he does for a living) and we'd all take fast and furious notes.

Oh, and the theater system was quite incredible too. (think Kodak Theater in Hollywood).