KHorn Repair

DeltaT

I posted this in 2-Channel Audio before i noticed i probably should have posted this here but....

After finishing my internship with Klipsch this past summer working on the up and coming Aragon Stage II, I realized that my fraternity house has a pair of Lascalas and pair of KHorns. The Lascalas are currently in use, beat to ****, but still working, but the KHorns are just sitting in a cold air room in need of MUCH TLC. My question is, are they worth fixing? The 15" drivers are missing so what do I need to replace them? Im also not sure if the tweeters or crossovers are working either. Will they be worth anything if fixed? I know they are very expensive speakers but considering what they have been through.

Kurt

They are certainly worth fixing, and they are pretty tough too. The K-33E woofers are available from Klipsch for around $129 each. Before venturing too far I would assess what else you are going to need. See if the crossovers are present and if the midhorn and midrange as well as the tweeter are present. See if you can locate the S/N label on the back, if not the S/N should be stamped in the wood someploace on the back. If not, I am certain someone on this forum would be interested in purchasing them as is, restoring them and giving them a good home. Khorns should be playing music not sitting idle. Keep us posted on what you find out and welcome to the forum.