can someone tell me which is better? !

prodj101

well, anyway, I was just wondering which of these configurations is better. in the bios, if I have my cpu/ram ratio set at 1:1 I can have my latency timings at 2-2-2-5, but if the cpu/ram ratio is 3:4 I get 3-3-3-6. which of these is better? 2-2-2-5 seems to benchmark better, but I just wanted to make sure.

My humble P4 2.4Ghz(533FSB)is running 100% stable at 3.15GHz(700FSB) with only a 0.05 V boost and air cooling(Swiftech MCX/w Sunon Tornado 85CFM),all on a Asus P4G8X Deluxe.

Memory used is four sticks of Corsair PC3500 512MB CAS2 memory,yes that is 2GB of RAM.

The PC is quite stable to 3.6GHz where it runns at 800FSB(at 1.7V and air cooling),sometimes I get rejected from heavy gaming into Windows.Sometimes(mostly during heavy Battlefield 1942 battles,other games run 100% stable).All FutureMark benchmarks can run looped and no hicups encountered.

I also use a MSI FX5900 Ultra 256MB vid card,not it matters here.

ProDJ,

I can run stock voltage and 2997MHz(almost 3Ghz,666FSB)stable,then at 3150(700FSB)I need only a 0.05V boot.Its like that and BTW I work in computers so this 2400 533FSB is the pick of the litter,I tested over 80CPU's to finally find my gem.

And I run my CPU in a room where temperature is stable at 18 celcius,plus heavy duty fans move over 200CFM in and out.The CPU uses one of the best heatsinks made with the most powerful 80mm fan you can find.

No mystery here

Ear, I bet your system sounds as loud as the airport...LOL...my humble system is only 3.06GHz but only 22dB in noise and running a 50 degree C cool loaded to the max...I have just upgrade my graphic card to the Leadtek A350 FX5900 (and got rid of the ATI 9700)...I cannot stand ATI...I will never touch another ATI product for as long as I live...their driver SUCKS...so damn unstable and crashed my system left and right...can you say SUCKS?

Highlander,

Loud it is,and I am upgrading soon to a Intel server case the SC 5200 with a triple redundant PSU.These come with Delta 100CFM hot swap screamers.Finally a RAID 5 system with three Seagate 15K3's.9.gif

The case will sit in a closet(cooled BTW),where temperature will be kept at 18 Celcius.

Now please lets not start ATI VS Nvidia wars,this is not another preschool board.

ATI right now has the better hardware(fact)and Nvidia the better drivers(fact).Both top of the line products are close in performance I have both the ATI Radeon 9800PRO 256MB and the MSI 5900Ultra 256MB.

I also happen to own the very spit on Asus 5800Ultra(yes the one with the leaf blower)and its a great performing card with lots of headroom for overclocking.But heats like all hell because of the nasty DDRII memory.My card blower is set to max at all times.

I have the ATI 8500 128MB(3.3ns DDR),Asus GF,Asus GF2Ultra,Asus GF3Ti500,Asus GF4 4600Ultra and the 4400,the Asus FX5800(non Ultra,overclocks to 520Core and 1040memory!!!! with the stock heatsink,looks like a 5900).Lets say I collect cards(I post pics soon for those who think I bull them and post lies,just to prove them wrong).

Both ATI and Nvidia have good products and nobody owns,both need to improve hardware and software as they are far from perfection.

1.gif

"ATI sucks, period!"

Uh ok then have it your way,I enjoy my 9800PRO 256DDRII games are silky smooth and I have graphic quality Nvidia can dream about.

Mr Highlander may I ask how do you compare the Krell MRS to the large SVS B4-Plus? Output level and bass quality here

Since you say you have both can you give me but just a very short summary,how to these two compare.

Thank you