RW-12 review

jkjome85

For all those who have had a chance to hear the RW-12 subwoofer, please post your opinions and reviews here. I am debating between this sub and an SVS PCi 20-39, so I need all the help I can get.

The Klipsch is about $500, VS. $600 for the SVS.

Contacting SVS told me that their sub would produce 114.9 dB at 31 Hz,"(1/8th space) with the measurement mic 2 meters away". While the Klipsch sub produces 113 dB at 30 Hz,"(1/8th space) with the measurement mic 1 meter away". So they should play as loud as each other.

Also, both subs are tuned at either 21 Hz for the Klipsch, or 20 Hz for the SVS. So they should play as low as each other.

The Klipsch's amp produces 300w RMS, while the SVS's amp produces 320w RMS.

With all of this data to look at, and keeping in mind that I am new at subwoofers and their data, I would venture to guess that these two subs are pretty much the same as far as performance goes.

Any new help would greatly be appreciated!

----------------

On 9/2/2003 10:24:43 AM jkjome85 wrote:

While the Klipsch sub produces 113 dB at 30 Hz,"(1/8th space) with the measurement mic 1 meter away". So they should play as loud as each other.

Also, both subs are tuned at either 21 Hz for the Klipsch, or 20 Hz for the SVS. So they should play as low as each other.

----------------

1st off let me say I haven't heard an RW12 so I can't give any subjective type input. However, if Klipsch's rated -3dB point of 21hz is rated like they did the RSW15, they I can only say that they're being optimistic.

How did you find the tuning point of the RW12? Are you guessing it's the -3dB point? If so, the -3dB point and tuning freq can vary by a great degree.