RC-25 Shielding Question

ntn1

I am thinking about getting the RF-15, RC-25, RS-25, RW-10 to start my modest HT. I heard on the AVS forum that the RC-25 is not well shielded. Since I need to place it right on top of my new Sony 34XBR910 HDTV, I am afraid that it may damage my CRT.

Does anyone here own the RC-25, and can comment on its magnetic shielding? Thank you.

• Klipsch Employees

It is shielded, holding the gauss down to under +/- 3 random on the cabinet. However, remember that the grill has magnets on it as well. And to add to your problem, the larger the TV the worse the problem can be. And to make it even worse, in my years as Tech support, the name Sony came up with shielding problems more than any other. This may be because they sell more TV's.

When we were building these centers in the R&D lab, we used 3-4 different TV's as a test. A 20" no name, and a 32" Proton...I don't remember the others, but none of them had a problem.

Who can say about the one you have

Thank you everyone for replying.

Since I plan to mail order these speakers, returning them is a hassle. I think I will get the RC-25 center speaker from my local dealer, and try it out first.

Magnetic interference can be tough to solve when you can not move your TV from the problem source. High permeability shielding materials are expensive. If anyone knows how best to add magnetic shield to the speaker, using cheap and readily available materials, please let me know. Thanks.