SuperBit DVD's

jkjome85

Could somebody please explain what its all about, and is it true that since the picture and sound are so much better, that they take up more space on the disc, not allowing any room for the extras? Then, where could I find an up-to-date list of all of the SuperBit DVDs currently out, "that way I dont accidently buy a movie just to find out later that I could have gotten it on SuperBit". Thanks!

Just a clarification. Superbit is not 'higher resolution'. Just a higher bitrate. Most superbit DVD's are around 7-8 Mb per second. This gives a clearer picture usually free of edge enhancment, and clearer sound (as the DD and DTS tracks are usually of a higher bitrate as well).

www.superbitdvd.com

What is Superbit?

Superbit gives viewers the opportunity to experience DVD in a whole new way. With the highest resolution picture plus DTS and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound, Superbit offers the ultimate in home entertainment.

How does it work?

The Superbit titles utilize a high bit rate digital transfer which optimizes video quality while offering a choice of both DTS and 5.1 Dolby Digital audio.