ALK Networks 4 Sale

Q-Man

Q-man,

I have to call my wife back in Missouri, and talk to my electrical engineer friend about rerouting of the wires on the Khorns. I am happy with the way my AA Belles sound, so I was thinking about replacing the AK3s. I am heading over to Fort Lewis today to visit my youngest brother prior to his deployment - I will give you a shout Monday am to let you know.

If I were home, I already would be able to make a decision, so I apologize for the delay.

Thanks

DaveS,

Last year or so, I posted my opinions on some of the different networks. Those that know me, and what I've been up to know how I feel about the

AK-3 and the AL-3. I don't think you need to buy the ALK networks to replace the AK-3. Sure I want to sell them, but the improvement will be minor compared to the AK-3. I wouldn't bother changing them. I'm sure someone elce on this forum can use the ALKs.

The ALK is used in the LaScala, Belle and Klipschorn. The Klipschorn is what I call hard wired, so it requires some desoldering and soldering to hook up the ALK. Another nice thing about the ALK is that you can attenuate the midrange driver.

I would use the ALK to replace the AA, AK,& AK-2 networks and the corresponding LaScala networks. There is a noticable improvement over those networks. The ALK will cost $550.00 from AL, The AK-3 will cost $1,200.00 from Klipsch. That makes the ALK a very tempting up grade for the Klipschorn. I feel safer using the AK-3, it offers some tweeter protection and sounds very close to the ALK.

If anyone wants a pair of the AK-3 networks I will

sell them for about $500.00

• 2 months later...