Fixing or replacing heresy woofers and/or upgrading

BnB guy

Ok i have a 3 part question for everyone out there. First my front Heresy's over the past weeks have developed a "rattle /crackle" but only at high volume levels,but seem fine at "sane" levels . Upon further inspection the woofers seem to be ripping away from the center / dust cover. I suspect that this is the distortion that hear. Can this be fixed? (with glue or whatever)as they seem to be intact and still attached underneath . or is this a decay that will only get worse and i should just order the replacements (and be over with it) which are 80 bucks each at klipsch ???? Any suggestions would be great....Second my front heresys seem to put out A LOT more base than my rears (also heresys) i have swithed em around and the older ones (the damaged ones) are from '79 ??? (u) have more base than my newer ones '83 ???(y) is this possible??? has anyone else ever noticed this or do I have something else going on ??? Third if I'm driving thease too hard maby i need to upgrade ?? what should i be looking for ??? corn walls, forte's, la'scalas ??? its been sooo long since ive heard any of them..... I love the punchy clear&live sound of my heresy's and i don't want to give this up , any sujestions???

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

I think you are already on to your best bet in ordering replacements from Klipsch.

One would think that the bass could be improved with a better driver, but the stock Klipsch can't really be improved upon within the limitations of the cab volume. IMO it's not worth any extra bucks to go beyond stock.

Your 79s and 83s should have bass that is pretty much the same.

The dust cap can be replaced easily and inexpensively.

If you need to replace woofers, best bet is to buy K24Ks from Klipsch. OTOH you can find used Heresy woofers on eBay.

If the bass isn't enough, I would suggest you get an appropriate subwoofer. All the Heritage series speakers need help in the bass department.

There is a timbre difference between your 1983 Heresys and early ones because of a change in squawker driver. Perhaps this is what your are hearing, not a difference in bass?