How would the Parasound A51 sound with Klipsch.

cdsang

I am thinking next year I will get a 5 channal amp. I would be powering 3 RF-7s and 2 RF-3IIs with it. I am wondering if this would sound bright, nutural, or dark. I am looking for something a bit more nutural then my Yamaha as well as some good power. If not the A51 then I may drop down to the A52(sound strange doesn't it and no put intedended). If these are good 5 channel amp choices, then how about some other 2 grand amp. Thank you in advance.

CD

I'm using a Halo A 21 amp which is the 2 channel version of the A 51 on my RF-7s and I love the way it sounds. I also wanted more than my Yamaha RX-V1000 was giving me. The A 21 sounded good right out of the box, but after a couple of weeks of daily use it really started to show how good it could be.

You get a good amp with some good power and you'll be surprised how much bass you can get out of these RF-7s.

I like the A 21 enough that in a few months I plan on getting the A 51 for the other 5 speakers.

My Halo dealer doesn't carry Klipsch. But with the all speakers I've listened to powered by Halo amps, I would say they are neutral with a touch of warmth. One thing that also stood out to me about them was how fast and dynamic these amps are. Not in the same league as Simaudio or even Bryston, but still very nice. I would most definitely buy Halo products if they were priced more competitively here in Canada. But at least I still have the Canadian offerings. 2.gif

----------------

On 9/22/2003 10:51:54 PM oogins wrote:

Not in the same league as Simaudio or even Bryston, but still very nice.

----------------

I respectfully disagree with you there, oogins. Though I've never heard Simaudio products, I think the Halo units have a vast edge over Bryston. But anyhow, that's just a matter of taste. As for matching the A51 with Klipsch's, I have personally found them to match very well. Many consider the Halo amps to sound a touch warm, which mate very well with the "bright" Klipsch's. I find them to sound very clean, transparant, and neutral, without hint of any coloration. I would definately go for the A51, although if $4000 hits you too hard, the A52 I'm sure would be a fine acquisition as well.

If you're looking at $2000 5-channel amps besides the A52, you could also look at Parasound's classic line HCA 2205A, Outlaw, Sherbourne, and Rotel products. I think B&K might fall into that range also.

FWIW, I have the A52 and A23 powering my Belles, Chorus, Forte and Hereseys. I am thrilled with the sound. Not at all harsh. Just accurate and clear.

I have found that with these speaker's efficiency, those amplifiers are more than enough for my listening.