Denon AVR-1804 vs. Integra DTR-5.4 , Need Advice???

chizler77

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the advice on the Klipsch Center and Surrounds. I am now asking for input on the two AV Receivers in the title. I know they are both high quality and spec about the same. Does anyone have experience with the Integra Receivers and how they sound with Klipsch RF-3II's which I will be using. The Integra is $100 higher, but I can get it for about the same price as the Denon through a friend in the business. Thanks for your help..........

If you are used to the quality of NAD and Adcom and Klipsch Fortes, you would appreciate the high quality of sound provided by the Outlaw 1050. What it lacks in looks and features it more than makes up for in sound quality. There are some great live concert DVDs out that sound great in surround sound but you do need a quality A/V receiver. The Outlaw has consistantly won praise from reviewers and "best buy", editor's choice, etc. awards.

I have an Onkyo TX-DS797B and through my Heresy's they sounded great. Integra is just an offshoot of Onkyo with probably some better components(maybe). It is more of a seperates based company. Sort of like Denon is an offshoot of Panasonic, JBL is part of the Harmon Group. You can also get an external amp and power your mains. I use a very old Grommes tube amp for the mains and it sounds great.

I also run an Onkyo 777, but feed the main outputs into an Adcom 585. The 2 channel sound is excellent. I once compared the sound by using the direct mode of the Onkyo, then switching to my Adcom 555 pre-amp. The difference was not audible to me.

I can however tell the difference between the Adcom amp & the Onkyo amp. The Adcom is a MUCH cleaner sound, at any volume.