rs-3 vs rb-5

orr_2111

Guest BobG

Lots of debate as to whether it is best to have rears that deliver lots of ambience (WDST, Di-pole, Bi-pole) or lots of direct sound (mono-pole). The WDST design is an attempt to provide a balance of envelopment and localization which is not possible with Bi-pole, Di-pole or Mono-pole types. This will not become clear till the recording community gets their act together regarding what should appear in the surround channels of multi-channel music recordings. As for movies, Klipsch feels it is best to deliver BOTH ambience and localization. Rear center? Need it if the surround speakers cannot localize.

It is best to have (if possible) equal speakers in an HT setup. So Choose for the rear the same as the front.

I had one's rs-3 for testing from my local dealer. It is nothing compared to my rear RF-3's. Specialy for 5 channel stereo.

In eather way you have to be able to place them well behind you.

I don't know why considering RB-5's. Eventually on stands they cover up the same place. Even more: For the same money you have a lot more. If I could I would change my center to an RF-3.

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Onkyo 676

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3's

Rear: RF-3's

Center: RC-3