Just purchased Quintet 11 microsystem.

iamlarge

What do you all think of the quintets? I got the matching 10 inch ksw sub in a package deal with a Samsung receiver/DVD palyer. System is on the way, wondering what you all think of these speakers. Also, how is the included speaker wire. Length and quality? BTW, I am new on these boards.

The Quintets are a nice starter system. If you look under the microsystem section below the Quintets is the Synergy System 6 which is a nice step up from the Quintets and they don't cost much more. If you can't change your order don't worry as I'm sure you will be happy with the Quintets but if you can I would. Enjoy your new speakers.

Do not worry about those who always say OH YOU SOULD GET RF7's,GET K-HORNS and dual B4-Plus/K2's.

The Quintets are fine starter speakers,I have a set and can enjoy them too.Good choice,just make sure you position the sub well and set it so it does not overpower the sats.Balance is key to a good sounding system.

The only change I would make is maybe get a PolkAudio PSW404 or Klipsch RW10 sub,but if you got a great deal.Just enjoy the music.

Because upgrading may never really stop,I am upgrading and upgrading...and adding with no end in sight.

----------------

On 9/24/2003 8:24:10 PM iamlarge wrote:

What do you all think of the quintets? I got the matching 10 inch ksw sub in a package deal with a Samsung receiver/DVD palyer.

----------------

Sound like you got that Samsung SK-6 setup. In personal listening tests that I did comparing the Quintets to a Bose AcousticMass 15, I found the Quintets to be much superior. The clarity and detail as well as the imaging was much better with the Quintets than the Bose. The short answer is - yes, I think the Quintets are a superb speaker, especially for the size and price. As 'TheEARs' already indicated, proper placement of the sub and getting everything balanced right is the key to really make those speakers shine.

----------------

Also, how is the included speaker wire. Length and quality? BTW, I am new on these boards.

----------------

I know that if Quintets were bought sololey (not part of an HTiB package), there are no speaker wire included. However, the Samsung SK-6 is a Home-Theater-in-a-Box (HTiB) setup, in which Klipsch merely provided the speakers. I have no idea what kind of speaker wire that Samsung packaged with this setup, but I'd be willing to bet it is probably some cheap stock speaker wire. It may be that the speaker wire packaged will be suffice to start out with, but it may not be a bad idea to eventually get better grade wire in the future (but don't get anything ridiculously expensive).

The quintet speakers are great for anyone on a budget. I would recommend placeing the satelite speakers about two inches from the wall behind the speakers and at least two feet from side walls. This will give you a flat frequency responce by reinforcing the lower frequency of the sat's. Wall mount them if you can. My cross over is set at 100hz and I cannot detect a loss in audio.