Monster Power Blues

whell

I own an HTS 3500. I've come to find that the remote switchable outlets no longer power on/off with my receiver. All the lights on the front of the unit are lit, and stay illuminated when I switch the receiver off. I have the receiver's switchable outlet connected to the back of the 3500, and the swtich on the back of the 3500 is set for "remote". What I've tried to troubleshoot the issue so far:

Unplugged the 3500, and plugged it back in again

Checked the functionality of the switchable plug on my receiver (its fine)

Checked the ground on all electronics - checked out OK.

Checked the wall plug - its fine.

And by the way, the power on/off on the 3500 used to work fine. When I power the receiver off, I can hear something inside the 3500 click, but nothing powers off (my main amplifier).

Any ideas for whats wrong?

Have you checked the position of "NORMAL/REMOTE SWITCH" on the upper right rear of the unit?

The switch has to be set to the Remote Mode setting to allow the "Switched and Timed" outlets on the unit to be turn on/off by an external source. The mode setting allows your receiver, or whatever component is connected via your Remote AC or DC Hookup to power on/off correctly.

Could be your switch was accidently moved to the NORMAL setting. If all settings are correct, you should call their toll-free number for Warranty Assistance - 877 800-8989.

Hope this helps.

Wes

Including Owner's Manual link, troubleshooting tips begin on page 20,

http://www.monstercable.com/power/manuals/HTS3500.pdf

Good luck. Have the HTS-2000 for my CDP, fell for the Robert Harley pitch, nice results as long as the tube gear isn't hooked up to it..

"The HTS-2000 transformed the system's sound to a degree I never expected... I was awestruck by the HTS-2000's obvious superiority to plugging directly into the wall. First, the bass got tighter, deeper, and more dynamic... I could more easily hear the attack and decay of each note of an acoustic bass... Next, ensembles sounded less blurred... Images were tighter... The overall soundstage became wider, deeper, more layered."

"I can't recommend the HTS-2000 more highly. It is a "no-brainer" upgrade to a wide range of systems, from basic to High End."

-Robert Harley, The Abso!ute Sound, Issue 118, June/July 1999.