Layne Audio Heresy Woofer Replacements ????

BnB guy

Has any one out there been using thease lately??? I see some posts from a year ago im wondering if everything is still good with them vs. stock replacements??? They seem priced pretty good . If they are an improvement every little bit helps the overall picture /or sound hahaha. Any user feeback would be great thanks

My guess you read some of the following posts... Layne Audio Heresy woofers but if I recall, Craig later posted in another thread that the difference wasn't that dramatic overall. You may consider PM him... or posting into that thread.

If you read HDBRbuilders posts... you get the other side of the coin at heresy

When I was faced with replacing a blown woofer (in a set of Heresy I bought for cheap) I looked into the option... as the layne woofers were cheaper than new Klipsch ones (I'm in Canada) ... but I finally decided to buy a used set of K22 on Ebay. I don't think the woofer is significantly different. After all, even the 2 sets of heresys I have sound different in the low end simply given they have 2 different generations of woofers/x-overs.

Unfortunately I can't give you any hands on info...

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

I can't comment on the quality of the Layne Audio woofer replacement, but I'd sure be interested to hear if you are able to complete a purchase from the guy. I have tried on several occasions to purchase parts from Layne Audio, and have never gotten a return call or response to e-mail seeking to purchase speakers. I've heard from other members of this forum that the guy is really busy. I can attest to that.

I can't comment on the quality of the Layne Audio woofer replacement, but I'd sure be interested to hear if you are able to complete a purchase from the guy. I have tried on several occasions to purchase parts from Layne Audio, and have never gotten a return call or response to e-mail seeking to purchase speakers. I've heard from other members of this forum that the guy is really busy. I can attest to that.