Matching La Scala's and Ref. Series

RickRichardson

Would it be advisable to use La Scala's or Belle's for L & R front and RC-7 center, RS-7 side surrounds and RF-35 for rear's? I have a 65" Mitsubishi TV and have room for the La Scala's, but don't think my wife would buy putting one on top of the TV. Is there a smaller heritage speaker that might work for the center? The room is 14 X 24 X 8 with the TV on one shorter side and a huge sliding glass door on the opposing wall.

I have limited space of the surrounds and rear speakers. Floor standing rears are not possibe in my setup. It looks like the dimensions of the RS-7 and RF-35 would work, as they are close to the size of my existing speakers.

----------------

On 10/2/2003 8:25:03 PM RickRichardson wrote:

Would it be advisable to use La Scala's or Belle's for L & R front and RC-7 center, RS-7 side surrounds and RF-35 for rear's? I have a 65" Mitsubishi TV and have room for the La Scala's, but don't think my wife would buy putting one on top of the TV. Is there a smaller heritage speaker that might work for the center? The room is 14 X 24 X 8 with the TV on one shorter side and a huge sliding glass door on the opposing wall.

I have limited space of the surrounds and rear speakers. Floor standing rears are not possibe in my setup. It looks like the dimensions of the RS-7 and RF-35 would work, as they are close to the size of my existing speakers.

----------------

The Klipsch Heresy are the only heritage that is relatively "small." It is only 21" high. Plus they can be found on ebay (one pair) for less than you can buy a single RC-7 plus it'll match better. The only key here is that the woofer is not video shielded so you may need to place it below the TV or you may see a negative effect (assuming this is a standard tube-driven television).

i have had similar set up once i began building my heritage system, i began with reference, and as i replaced things the reference went to my son, so for awhile i had mixed seriese. it was ok, but there was something missing. especially the rs's they will not work there would be a void in your system. there is no way an rs could keep up with las. heresy is about your best bet, but better for center would be another la, if you cant do floorstanders for rears, than do them on stands, but the rs's will rob your system12.gif

I have to agree - a three way sound is different than a two way. Various opinions abound regarding which sounds best - that is for your ear to decide. The point is that you will definitely be able to hear the difference when mixed and most that have gone from mix to nearly same all the way around will provide testimonials to the positve effect.