Do The ProMedia 4.1's even work...

Enisada

I've been reading though these forums for some time now. I was going to buy a set of these, but now with all these problems with the speakers suddenly stop working, sub problems, and other various problems. Can anyone tell me if these are even worth buying anymore. It seems to me that these speakers may not be all they are cracked up to be. So much hype has been made by people and people that review them. But here in this forum there is nothen but problems posted by users of these speakers....

Makes you wonder...

------------------

Enisada

This message has been edited by Enisada on 05-30-2001 at 03:27 PM

I have had a lot of problems with my 4.1's and im still waiting to get back my NEW COMPLETELY WORKING set. I have 2 friends that have the 4.1's and theirs work fine. 3 people recommended them to me saying how awesome they sound, and I must agree, they DID sound great until mine broke. I guess I just got extremely unlucky. The staff there is pretty friendly and quick to respond (sometimesWink.gif) So if you get a working set, you will be happy with them - If not, Im sure eventually you'll get a working one you're happy with.

just remember people that have speakers that are working great don't usually come to support forums....so you may only hear about people with problems but there will probably be alot more out there with good working speakers and don't talk about it since they have no reason to complain.

in this forum, people are suppose to ask questions about their related problems on the promedia. so most of the time, u r going to see a lot of questions related to problems, e.g. overheating sub, cracking, and etc.

i myself own a 4.1 and has no problem so far.

i got this set together with 2 other 4.1 and this 2 has overheated sub. so my friend got 2 replacement and both work fine.

don't get turned off just because u see these problems in the forum.

to tell u the truth, i don't even look into this forum before i purchased the promedia. after my friend got his problem, than i started to look into here. hehee

• Moderators

We have isolated the heat sink problem with the 4.1s to a small number of units exposed to a manufacturing glitch. Klipsch is completely committed to customers who have affected units, and will work diligently to solve any outstanding or future problems anyone may experience.

As always, please feel free to contact me via email or call our customer service at 888-554-5665 to discuss any issues.

Keep in mind, as I have said before, the bulletin board is a place for people to come who are having problems or have questions. They represent a very small number of our overall very satisfied customer base.

Thank you!

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com