Martin Logan Descent and Depth

TheEAR

This comming week I hope to have time to test the ML Depth and Descent subs,I heard so many good things from owners and read so much positive press in mags and online I must try these.If I like I will add these to my collection.

Well I'll keep you posted

very interested to get your take ear. i have heard the descent several times with the ascent speakers. they sounded incredible, but very, very different from the rsw-12. i'm a big believer in matching the sub with the speakers. for instance my rb-5's sound great with the rsw-12 but rough with my m&k. likewise the sound was funky with a mirage sub i once owned. the descent matches the ascents with seamless beauty. you will be amazed that it is based with 8" woofers (about 100 i think). no kidding they've got a few in there. anyway i digress. we look forward to your take.

Highlander,

ProDJ is correct the Krell MRS uses dual TC Sounds 15" woofers.The director of the show is the awesome 2600W RMS Krell integrated amp/EQ assembly.

I would like to test the MRS against my HGS18,Revel B15,Sunfire Sig. and againt the Aerial SW12.Just to hear/feel how much more the MRS is really capable of from 30Hz down.

Highlander,

Since you said you had a SVS B4-Plus(or two)how does the B4-Plus compare to the MRS?

Last time I asked you did not say much,I would like to know how they fare on pipe organ music.Or deep synth notes(below 35Hz).

As you know the HGS18 is very impressive(the correct term ould be potent I guess)down to around 30Hz,below this frequency it starts dropping like a stone.

How is the MRS,since you are about the only person here,and probably very few own such a beast I would like to know.Since no dealer in Montreal has the Krell MRS,unless one orders one(yeah at over 40K canadian that is not going to become areality any time soon).