How much better should the RB-35's sound than the Promedia 5.1's????

dan2017

I used to have promedia 5.1's and i thought they sounded good with my audigy 2 card on my comp.

But I recently purchased and should be receiving soon a:

Harman Kardon AVR125 High Current amp (55 x 2 watts stereo)

Pair of the new RB-35 speakers....

How much better should I expect this to sound that my previous setup....?

Dan, I recently replaced my front left and right sats on my promedia 5.1 with RB-3 bookshelves. (Had them leftover from an older HT system) All I can say is it's a VERY different sound in a good way. It's MUCH smoother. Sometimes even silky. Extremely detailed. I run it in 2 speaker mode most of them time now because it sounds so good. I'll eventually replace the rest of the channels with Reference speakers as well. The reason I'm not buying a separate receiver is because it costs too much and I still want the five channel sound card output for games.

Anyways, to answer your question, sound quality wise it's a huge upgrade from the promedia, but you are losing that 5 channel sound which may be good for games. And also the RB-35's will not go as low as the promedia sub, but the bass it provides is punchy clean good quality bass. You won't lose that much on music. Movies on the other hand will lose some bass impact.