Astounding Commercial Speakers

Marvel

I convinced a co-worker of mine at the college where I work to buy some Klipsch products instead of the Bose we had been buying. Due to all of the work we have had to do this fall, they have been sitting in the boxes for a month. We ordered two sets of the CA-8T, an 8" woofer with a horn tweeter. They come in a plastic cabinet with a mounting bracket. The planned use is for a classroom with video projector setup, as two channel.

This is homecoming weekend, and several events are planned that really require another small PA system. We had to come up with a way to mount the Klipsch on speaker stands, and they will be used primarily for playing back music during an after game (soccer) barbeque for alumni. They sound great. The bass is clean and tight, and the highs and mids are there for intelligibility. It isn't what they were designed for, but they will work well. They will be superb in the classrom settings where they will permanently reside.

As an aside though, we just ordered a pair of Yamaha PA speakers. They cost less than the Klipsch, but contain a 15" woofer and a 2 inch titanium compression driver horn. We got them for $250 each. I have used many Yamaha PA systems before, and they are great bang for the buck. They are 99db/watt/meter Still, the Klipsch sound good. The nice thing is the size. The Yamahas are over 60lbs. each.

Marvel