khorn, lascala sub

chambers1517

J stanton....And Others...

I would never with K horns rob myself, nor ask anyone else to, put them on small. BE serious!

Second, yes, the fullness of the center channel IS full range, and is also why I also advocate a big center channel too. (Myself, I have found the Older vertical Cornwall II's on their side work great!)

I just wanted to place my own 2 cents that the 15 inch Reference Series is a great match with Older big Heritage AND the new big Reference series as well. The question in this thread was for K horn and or LA Scalas what would you use as a sub?

Before jumping on the SVS bandwagon blindly without looking at seriously, and hearing in your own home the Klipsch Reference line, I just think a few of you might be missing the boat on a great sub made by the same company as your other fine audio speakers!! By the way, this is not a paid announcement, LOL or have I been encouraged to say it this way as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Front+speakers+and+subs.jpg?bcFotq_A_OLF

I don't have Khorns (any longer) but I am using five La Scala's and have been playing with different subwoofer options. I had a RSW-12 and wanted more! What I have now is more than enough, even for a basshead like me! Hopefully my picture works... I have settled on using one SVS CS Ultra for the low bass in theater and a pair of Yorkville 18" bass bins, you can see I have the SVS in the corner and the left and right La Scala sit on the Yorkville's. I have a pair of the CS Ultra right now and they provide plenty of room filling bass, blending very nicely with the La Scala (my room is very large and, SVS alone it takes two). The Yorkville provide a more chest pounding (less natural I am sure but I like it) bass for music but can not get low enough for movies. I have it set up so that the Yorkville are an extension of the left and right and the SVS is running on the .1 channel. I would love to keep the second CS Ultra but can not see the dollar/value for me with the Yorkville's. This combination adds enough (and then some) bottom end to my five LaScala set up.

I would say that two SVS CS Ultra's with sufficient power are a great match for a large Klipsch Heritage set up, even in a big open room (mine is about as big as they get, high ceiling split level house), with less space I think one would be great.

A little late but as a Heritage owner, I'm quite happy with the "1" Velodyne FSR-18 I have. The newer HGS-18 is truly brutal, and feel this sub does go lower than my Khorns when required, and I only wanted "1" subwoofer, more a musical taste at 1st, but DVD Concerts...OUCH 10.gif

PS. Still dreaming of the day there is a true Heritage subwoofer and centre channel, a true Heritage HT setup.....11.gif

just my thought....10.gif

To add, I had a RSW-15 at first, doesn't cut it for the Heritage line in all honesty IMO.