I need a sub!

oogins

I'm looking for a new sub to go with my system. I'm currently using a Sony 60 watt mini-sub (sad, ain't it?) 'cause it was all that I had at the time. I'm using the Quintets with a Denon 3801 and it is hooked up to my computer. I'm using this system as my computer speakers (a lot better than the ProMedia 4.1, which is what my friend has), and it adds great excitment to my gaming and dvd watching. All I need is a TV and I would have a home theater right in my bedroom (Wouldn't that make my parents proud).

Anywho, I've been thinking about getting a Klipsch sub to match my speakers. The problem is that I can't decide between the KSW-12 and 15. I don't want a 10 because I like a lot of bass and I've heard many people say that it just isn't powerful enough. The size of my room is 12'x12'.

I haven't had a chance to demo any of the subs because we live an hour and a half from the closest Klipsch dealer, and my parents won't let me drive that far by myself (Keep in mind, I'm only 16). However, my dad is taking me into the city next Saturday, so I'll get a chance to demo them then, and that's probably when I'll buy too. I'm sure after I demo them that I'll be able to decide, but I would kinda like to have some feedback and suggestions from you guys.

first of all, you need to understand that you don't need to have your speakers and subs matched in terms of brand. it's not like there is a lot of tonal differences between subs...

but with the Quintets, which have a pretty limited frequency response, we're not really talking about speakers but satellites here. so my best thought would be to go with a Klipsch sub, since they are designed to qork with the Quintets frequency response-wise.

but don't limit yourself. listen to as many subs as you can. as for Klipsch subs, I can't give you any advice on which one is the best, haven't listened to them at all.

good luck!

I have both the KSW-10 & KSW-12. I can tell you that the 10 does a pretty good job with some older Klipsch satellites (Rebel Series)that I have in another room. The 12 however, is quite a step up as far as low end bass, plus it plays louder. I can't speak to the KSW-15, sorry.cwm16.gif

------------------

RF-3's : mains

RC-3 : center

RS-3's : surrounds

KSW-12: subwoofer

Receiver: Denon 2801

DVD: Panasonic DVD-A120

CD: Yamaha CDC-765

Cables: Tributaries

Sat Receiver: Hughes Direct-TV DD5.1