damage?

kiddo

My RW-12 has aquired two small dents on the center of the cone. Not sure of the term but its the part that covers to coil? Anyway its the newer reference so its not the black cloth 'bubble' but rather a smooth concave copper colored thing.

The dents are both approx. 0.5mm x 1cm. (pencil gouge?) Does this even matter to sound quality???? I hate having realatively new equipment that is not perfect--but if it does not affect sound quality--I could live with it. Klipsch tech support?? anyone??

It won't affect the sound quality or tone unless the damage affected the woofer itself however, but it would drive me nuts. What the hell are they making those woofers out of tin foil! The woofer would have to be removed and the damaged dust cap removed and replaced, or the entire woofer replaced. Did it arrive to you this way, or did it happen during moving or positioning. I feel for ya.

The cones on the RW subs are made of very durable ceramic coated aluminium. They are quite a bit thicker than the cones on the main speakers, and they are VERY hard to dent or damage. While the dents you describe will definitely have no impact on the sound quality, I wonder how in the heck the dents happened. This is the first report of such damage.