Help in choosing: SVS 25-31 PCi or PB1-ISD

price042

Hey guys,

So I was initially interested in the 20-39 PCi, but then was recommeded a 25-31 PCi instead because of my big room. I decided to email Ron of SVS last night around 1:00 and had a reply once I woke up(I can't believe I got a response from one of the owners and especially that fast!). He said that his suggestion would be to go with the 25-31 as it has a little more power. Now I was pretty much sold on it until I looked at it's twin in a box: the PB1-ISD. Now they basically use the same parts, but the PB1 is tuned to 22hz whereas the 25-31 is tuned to 25hz. There is no separation between my Living and Dining rooms, so basically it is a 22' x 13' room with 15' cathedral ceilings. Now I don't know if this will effect the decision, but I live on the third floor of my apartment complex; however this is a college complex and the girls next door to me play their music really loud all of the time. It will mainly be for HT, but I do listen to alot of music too. Any comparisons and personal experiences you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

-Matt

Not to confuse the issue, but I think SVS will tune a 25-31 to 20 Hz at no charge. Also, as you calculate freight and compare prices, don't forget SVS is shipping the PB2-ISD for $50. I have had my PB2-ISD for several weeks, and I love it.

Be aware that both the cylinder and the box are very large. I suggest you build a model of approximate size to see where the sub might fit--with a more-or-less accurate model, I think you'll be surprised at what spaces won't work.

Whatever you do, you won't regret going with SVS.

----------------

On 10/27/2003 8:53:16 AM michaelstano wrote:

Not to confuse the issue, but I think SVS will tune a 25-31 to 20 Hz at no charge.

----------------

They'll retune the 25-31PCi/CS to 22hz and they'll tune the 20-39Pci/CS to 17hz as a no cost option as long as you indicate it before you order. I'm not sure about the 16-46PCi/CS though. With his situation, his room is pretty large so I think sticking with the 25hz tune would be best since it offers the most output.