Buzz with Nad Receiver/DVD combo!

shutterbug

Hello...I have a new Nad system consisting of a T761 Receiver and a T532 DVD Player hooked up to Klipsch Speakers. When I use the FM radio, no hum or buzz through the speakers. When the DVD/CD player turns on and the loading tray opens, a load buzz appears. If a CD is placed in the tray and play is pushed, the buzz diminishes almost completely and music begins. There is almost no audible buzz or hum when pause is used. If a DVD is inserted, the same buzz appears and continues when the movie begins, perhaps at a slightly lower level and is audible during quiet scenes.Very noticable when pause is used. Same problem with TV on or off. I just wanted a simple set-up that worked properly, so this aggravating buzz has got this newbie a bit stressed. Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance....Don7.gif

do you have speaker wire run through the walls? If so are they near any electrical sources i.e run next to an oulet in wall? this will cause a noise. may have a shielding problem? I never had any problems in home theater like this but in car audio that was always the problem-electricty! hope I was a help.

Thanks for the suggestion. Problem solved. In reading through other posts, I saw the idea of a complete review of all plug-ins which I did.Buzz was still there. Then I substituted cables and when I replaced the Digital audio cable, problem was still there. The Digital Optic cable did not help. Then I unplugged the Digital cable and went analog which totally eliminated the buzz from the DVD player. My dealer will be sending the Receiver back for warranty work. Thanks again....Don.1.gif