Type A crossover finally finished

dhsettim

After much wasting of time making my own copper connectors I assembled the Type A crossover for my 77 Khorn. For the 13uF cap I have paralleled a 6 uF Hovland with a 6.8uF Solen and a 0.1uF russkie teflon, and for the tweeter a 2.0uF Hovalnd with a 0.01 teflon. I am using the Universal Transformer Co autoformer and NO woofer inductor.Wired with Kimber and homemde connectors.

Its hard to know the changes in sound 'cause I have gone from the ALK using 4 & X taps to using the 5 & 1 taps so the squawker is less attenuated. Certainly is great, a bit clearer than the ALK, but not such a step up from the old AA to Al's great ALK.(thanks again Al). The bass seems similar to me without the inductor but the different taps must be influencing that. Need a few more hours yet to get a final opinion but I'm happy so far.

The Beyma CP25s are on their way for the next step up. Thanks to all who have given opinions. tim 1.gif