Home Theater Pics

dblue

For some reason I seem to like the black and gold colour scheme.9.gif

Your last pic looks like there are pictures laid on your speaker. This is a big problem with my wife because she doesn't understand why I don't want pictires and trinkets on my equipment. 6.gif

I had considered this (the picture makes it look farther off center than it actually is) but I concluded that it was a bit more important that the sound of the center be coming from the area of the television. I may consider it though. Thanks

Speaking of wire management, anyone have any suggestions? I cant even come close to getting these things under control.

----------------

On 10/30/2003 9:59:51 AM dblue wrote:

I had considered this (the picture makes it look farther off center than it actually is) but I concluded that it was a bit more important that the sound of the center be coming from the area of the television. I may consider it though. Thanks

Speaking of wire management, anyone have any suggestions? I cant even come close to getting these things under control.
----------------

Wow nice setup! I love looking at pictures of naked Klipsch speakers 1.gif Also Ghost in the Shell is one of my all time favorite movies!

As far as centering the center speaker I would agree that having it centered over the TV is important. Perhaps you can move the front mains around a bit so they are also centered to your tv (move one further away from your cabinet). Doing this will not make them look even as far as you cabinet is concerned but may provide some better sound.

Laters,

Regarding you speaker placements, I would try to get that center channel centered. I think you could accomplish this by moving your left speaker closer to the SVS and moving your media rack inside the right speaker. Adjust the toe in on the L/R and you should be all set. That way the center could remain locked in the middle of your tv and your front soundstage. I know with my KLF's the distance between l/r is suggested as 6-15' so I'd assume yours would be similar. Give it a try.

For wire management you might start by smoothing out the wires and then tying them together with zip ties or something so they look like just one big wire. I'm sure they are not all the same length so just try and tuck the extra behind the speakers and furniture. I wouldn't tie the power cords with speaker wire or interconnects however. Then all you need is to use some plants or something in the areas between the speakers and furniture. If you know anyone with a flair for decorating I'm sure they would have some better ideas.

My favorite wire management solutions would be a black conduit that they sell at Bed Bath and Beyond. It's very inexpensive. You just tie your like cables together and enclose it in the conduit. You can use different lengths for different runs. I also use it at my computer desk.

Shaun

post-12039-1381924992695_thumb.jpg

Looks like you got the same DVD player I got:

ps2_rack.jpg

And somebody mentioned about having trinkets on top of the speakers? In my case, I could not find a better place to display that stained glass church (which, BTW, was hand-made by my father - I have a lot of stained glass pieces in this house that were made by him). I used an old mouse-pad to display it on (thus providing a cushion as well as protecting the speaker finish from any scratches).

Anyway - nice little setup you got there. I do like it.