Newbie question-Matching a RC-35 with current speakers?

Charraak

I have a surround system consisting of:

Rock Solid Front Speakers-Cant remember model-Mounted on wall

Rock Solid Back Speakers-Mounted on wall

Rock Solid Center Channel-Sits on TV

All Speakers are same size-Approx 14X8

Yamaha Subwoofer

My question is-I am considering a Klipsch RC-35 Center.Will this center work well with my current Rock Solid Speaker setup?Thxs for any info you guys can give me 1.gif

??!! HUH? I don't understand why you would want to do this. Does not " rock solid " make a center channel for you? Also, are you aware that the rc-35 is very efficient, meaning that it is very LOUD compared to other, less sensitve speakers. This makes trying to match the levels harder, and it won't be a good sound ( timbre ) match to your fronts when sound pans across the front. Imagine soft, soft, LOUD, soft, soft. Do you see what I mean?

Rock Solid are made by B&W. They are great little bookshelf speakers. I have 2 pairs of them, but they are not pulling any main listening duty -- just background speakers in the kitchen and master bath.

I guess I'd have to ask why you want to switch center speakers, since your current one should be a good match with your main speakers. If you are considering a change/upgrade in sound, I'd start with the main speakers. You can run your pre-amp/receiver in "phantom center" mode if you can't get the matching center channel right now.

Doug

• 1 month later...

I have the RF-35 Front, RS-35 Rear Surround, RS-25 Front Surround, and a C-1 center (soon to be RC-35) with RSW-10 sub. Love the sound now that they are broke in. I have a small room (15X21) and the sub/rf-35 try to knock the pictures off the walls in the other rooms.1.gif

I have a RC35, RF3IIs(predecessor to the 35 series), and the RS35s, and I love the sound. One thing I didn't catch. What type of amplification are you running? To some of us, a number of Klipsch speakers, including this series, have been known to sound "shrill" or excessive "bright" when running at very high volumes with certain amplification. Depending on what amplification you are currently running, that may factor into your overall analysis. However, with warmer amplification, the sound is very, very, very nice!!

-------------------------------

Downstairs

Harmon Kardon AVR 525

Mains: RF3II

Center: RC35

Surrounds: RS35

Rear: KLF-C7

SVS 20-39PCi

SVS PB2-ISD 9.gif

Upstairs

Yamaha RX-V1300

Mains, Center: Onkyo SKS-HT500