Wohooo new budget for reciever/amp($500)... what's it then?

ccsakura

Just got another news for myself that I have $500(comparing still not much, but doubled from the previous $250). The good thing is i'm gonna pick a better reciever/amp, the bad thing is I've to decide all over again 14.gif . What to pick what to pick? 9.gif

<------ delight about it and went mad 12.gif

----------------

On 11/6/2003 11:17:14 PM ccsakura wrote:

Just got another news for myself that I have $500(comparing still not much, but doubled from the previous $250). The good thing is i'm gonna pick a better reciever/amp, the bad thing is I've to decide all over again
14.gif
. What to pick what to pick?
9.gif

----------------

What did you originally decide on? This ought to allow you to at least consider the next model up.

There are several decent recievers you can get for $500. For example, the Denon AVR1804 is one. The H/K AVR-225 is supposed to be another good model. The Outlaw 1050 is another good one. Onkyo has a couple models in that price range. There are several Yamaha recievers in that price range also. I imagine there are a few others, but these are some of the better mentioned names. Also, don't rule out the the discountinued or refurbished units. You can find some really nice stuff with a little searching around.

----------------

On 11/7/2003 5:31:11 PM skonopa wrote:

What did you originally decide on? This ought to allow you to at least consider the next model up.

There are several decent recievers you can get for $500. For example, the Denon AVR1804 is one. The H/K AVR-225 is supposed to be another good model. The Outlaw 1050 is another good one. Onkyo has a couple models in that price range. There are several Yamaha recievers in that price range also. I imagine there are a few others, but these are some of the better mentioned names. Also, don't rule out the the discountinued or refurbished units. You can find some really nice stuff with a little searching around.

----------------

When I had the $250 I was thinking of getting parasound zamp(stereo amp) or pioneer VSX-D912K. And I tried to look for better model about pioneer and found out there's good comments about pioneer Elite 43TXi, is that a good one??(Also considering it's older model in pioneer but still new comparing to the others). What about compare it to the Denon and Outlaw?(I'm interested by those 3 brands actually. My uncle had an Onkyo 6.1(forgot what model it was, but can't drive me into it 8.gif ). Thanks 9.gif

----------------

On 11/7/2003 6:31:37 PM ccsakura wrote:

When I had the $250 I was thinking of getting parasound zamp(stereo amp) or pioneer VSX-D912K. And I tried to look for better model about pioneer and found out there's good comments about pioneer Elite 43TXi, is that a good one??

----------------

I have been hearing alot of good things about the Pioneer Elite models of recievers. There are a few folks that have some of the higher-end models, such as the 45TX or 47TX. The 49TX is the highest end, but it'll set you back some serious money 6.gif. Yeah, if you were originally thinking of going for the Pioneer VSX-2912K, the Pioneer Elite 43TX is a big step up!.

As for Denon, well, I personally have a Denon AVR3802 and I love it! You might be able to find the AVR2803 which is only one model down for that $500. However, you may be able to find the AVR3802, which is "last year's model" for that same $500, especially since it has been replaced by the AVR3803. There could still be some outfits that are still trying to get rid of a few of those.

I read about what you mentioned Denon 1804 outlaw 1050 and AVR 225(they have new 230 is released for replacing 225). Those 3 are 6.1channels that I don't intereset to pick one at the moment(gonna use this reciever for years). If they were comparing Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX, H/K has AVR 330 and Denon has 2803(They are sharing similar price to each other).

I can't figure out too many difference between them except H/K's driving with 55watts,Denon has 90watts elite VSX-43TX has 100 watts(and THX cinema mode).

I'm interested in VSX-43TX's midnight mode, how does it work and is it working well? I usually come home late and listen to music for an hour at midnight(yea really 12am, "midnight mode" this term suits me 9.gif ).

I guess I should switch my name to be questionable newbie 14.gif . Thanks 3.gif

----------------

On 11/7/2003 6:49:35 PM skonopa wrote:

I have been hearing alot of good things about the Pioneer Elite models of recievers. There are a few folks that have some of the higher-end models, such as the 45TX or 47TX. The 49TX is the highest end, but it'll set you back some serious money
6.gif
. Yeah, if you were originally thinking of going for the Pioneer VSX-2912K, the Pioneer Elite 43TX is a big step up!.

As for Denon, well, I personally have a Denon AVR3802 and I love it! You might be able to find the AVR2803 which is only one model down for that $500. However, you may be able to find the AVR3802, which is "last year's model" for that same $500, especially since it has been replaced by the AVR3803. There could still be some outfits that are still trying to get rid of a few of those.

----------------

I checked out about the 3802 and it's going up to $600, I guess I'm not gonna pick it altho $100 difference(even without shipping it'll go up to $650 grade if like this, out of my expected too much, I'll keep it around $500). So AVR 2803 and Elite VSX-43TX and H/K 330 left.............

----------------

On 11/7/2003 7:17:44 PM michael hurd wrote:

If the midnight mode is anything like the night mode on the marantz that I have, what it does is take a dolby digital signal, and compresses the dynamic range, so the difference between the loud portions and the soft portions is lowered. I am not 100 % sure if this also works in dts as well.

----------------

I'm trying to understand the idea, is that the sound will be constantly at certain volume level(like constantly humming) in order to reduce the difference?? Don't worry about the DTS that I won't have any extra energy to watch dvds after a whole day classes 9.gif

----------------

On 11/7/2003 9:06:27 PM michael hurd wrote:

Just make sure of the terms, and conditions of sale. Find out if the company is a authorized dealer, what their return/repair warranty is like and feedback, especially an e-tailer.

----------------

Yea it's ecost and I checked about it, it has 90days for parts and labor. I really doubt about is that enough for me(I plan to use the reciever for a year at least). They have add-on with service net but that means it's extra money. That means...... 3802's out?

----------------

On 11/10/2003 1:38:28 PM ccsakura wrote:

----------------

On 11/10/2003 12:27:16 PM fabulousfrankie wrote:

Onecall.com has the
for $468 and they're an authorized dealer.

----------------

Just ordered the Pioneer Elite 43TX yesterday, thanks for info tho
9.gif

Just simply can't resist the function of MACC and midnight mode
9.gif

----------------

I thought only the 45TX has the MCACC. The midnight mode is something all receivers usually have, it just named differently.

----------------

On 11/10/2003 1:53:57 PM fabulousfrankie wrote:

I thought only the 45TX has the MCACC. The midnight mode is something all receivers usually have, it just named differently.

----------------

I didn't really take a thorough look into the H/K's one because the Denon and Elite 43TX are both comparatively more attractive to the H/K's one 9.gif

Anyway my 43TX will be arrived tomorrow, I'll see either I love it or not 9.gif

----------------

On 11/11/2003 2:09:43 PM ccsakura wrote:

----------------

On 11/10/2003 1:53:57 PM fabulousfrankie wrote:

----------------

I didn't really take a thorough look into the H/K's one because the Denon and Elite 43TX are both comparatively more attractive to the H/K's one
9.gif

Anyway my 43TX will be arrived tomorrow, I'll see either I love it or not
9.gif

----------------

I'm sure you'll love it, I've tested a couple of the older Elite receivers in my system and they were outstanding. I originally wanted to get a 45TX but I got the HK 325 instead because it fit my budget better.