Yet another problem with the Klipsch 4.1's

LiQiCE

I've had my 4.1's for about a month, and now I've found another problem with my speakers. I tested the headphone jack for the first time today, and I noticed that I get NO sound out of the left channel. All 3 headphone sets that I tested worked fine with other sources (like a portable CD player), and I tried both sources on the speakers (the normal inputs, and the line-in on the Control Pod). Considering how much I spent on these speakers, I expected more quality, especially from Klipsch. Combine this with the random noises coming out of the speakers, and I feel like I've been ripped off...

Klipsch is sounding more and more like the ABit of speakers!

i think u better write to the amy platt from promedia tech.

anyway.. mine don't have the random noises .. my headphone jack works just fine...

and do u mine to describe your problems?? what type of random noises???

and when u plug in your headphone jack, make sure u mute your speakers..

u have to mute your speakers. or else, u will think that the headphone doesn't work. cos promedia doesn't act like a midi hifi where once u plug in your headphone, it will automatically mute the whole system ..

• Like 1

Yeah I've been in touch with Amy about the random noise problem, its not really a loud noise, its just whenever the speakers are sitting idle and nothing is coming out of them, the speakers emit a "PSSSST" sound ... It gets louder if the volume is louder, and it happens even when nothing is plugged into the speakers, so I know it isn't the source I'm using. I described my problem in an earlier thread and others described similar problems, but not exactly the same as mine.

The headphone problem was very strange, I did make sure the speakers were muted however, I tried both muted (first) and then unmuted... but there was no difference.

The only reason I'm so concerned is because many people seem to be having problems. It seems as though there is a much higher problem rate with the 4.1's than there was with the v2-400's ...

ABit is very iffy with their motherboards, some models are excellent, as you have said with the KT7A RAID, and some models aren't that good at all, like the ABit BE6 ... ABit also has a very high RMA rate, especially with their AMD motherboards lately. When the ABit motherboards work, they work great ... but a lot of the times they don't.

Thats the analogy I was associating with the Klipsch 4.1's, they're great when they work ... but alot of people seem to be having problems with them. Perhaps my perception of the problems is wrong though, since this forum is my only means to rate them, and more people WITH problems come here than people without problems. However, at this point, I feel as though I bought a lemon pair of speakers, and at *MY* cost, I will have to ship them to Klipsch to fix a set of speakers that didn't work properly to begin with!

"more problems with the 4.1 than the v2.400"??

I think there should be an FAQ on statistics evidently placed on this board.

this is the Klipsch bulletin board. where do you think klipsch owners with problems are going to come first, especially promedia users (implying computer users)? That's right, here! That is why we get so many "horror stories" here. We simply get all the problems, while the satisfied users most often stay out of here.

it used to be that people we thinking "oh my god there are so many problems with the v2.400, it's horrible!" after reading the boards. now that nobody new is getting v2.400 and the old users have had problematice sets replaced or repaired (for the most part), the majority of people post about 4.1 and 2.1 systems!!

it's simply a numbers game! come on! do you think the couple dozen people that come on this board with problems every year form the majority, or even a significant portion of promedia buyers?

it's been said so many times before but it seems it's never enough. guess i'm just going to copy/paste this in a text editor and save it for future use!

Smile.gif

/edit/

oh, by the way, the GREAT majority of relatively high-powered amp/speakers combos will emit hiss when idle, even without being plugged into a source. my home theater system does it, and cost quite a bit more than a couple hundred bucks. dunno if that's what you're referring to as "random noises" but I just wanted to clear that up.

This message has been edited by Seb on 06-05-2001 at 11:37 PM

Didn't you read my last post? ... Here's a quote from it incase you missed it:

"Perhaps my perception of the problems is wrong though, since this forum is my only means to rate them, and more people WITH problems come here than people without problems."

I already stated what you posted. And yes I realize high powered speakers will emit hiss, thats not the problem I'm referring to, the problem I'm having is a very strange "PSST" noise that only happens every 1/2 hour or so, it is very loud, and definitely not hissing, it sounds more like a quick pushing of air, like the speakers are popping or something to that effect... Others have described this problem as well, but Amy Platt did not think this was normal for the speakers.

I am happy to report however, that Klipsch has been very good in trying to work out a solution with me, and I am getting my speakers repaired or replaced by them, I will post how everything goes, but I don't expect any problems.