help with sw-10

oneleggedbob

the problem im haveing is when my receiver is off and the sub is on i can hear music through it like a radio station or something..i turn the sub off and it goes away..i live in a older place and all of the wall outlets have a 2 prong plates on them instead of 3 so i have to use a converter from 3 to 2 to plug it in..not sure if this is my problem or not..also when a truck drives by my place i can hear them talking on there cb through my speakers..really sucks...any ideas would be very helpfull...thank you...7.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds like the guy who hears voices in his head all the time. Turns out his loose filling is picking up Rush Limbaugh. Really, somewhere there is a bad connection which has oxidized forming a semi-conductor(crystal diode, copper oxide) reciever. Unplug everything one at a time until the radio goes away and you will have isolated the area. Clean the connections and electrical plug of any and all corrosion and tarnish and reconnect it. If the interference is gone great, if not change the leads. Gone? If not its eternal I mean internal change the component. It could be in the house wiring as well a new wall socket may be in order.

Rick