EAR me!

CO1

Yeah you. I posted earlier in the HT section and no one answered so I figured you would be the man. My PW-2200 is screwing up my monitor so is there any way to put something under the desk to magnetically shield the monitor from the sub? I can put it off to the right with no problem but it does not sound as good as when it is directly under the monitor on my corner desk. Thanks.

If you have a sheet of metal above the sub it will help,and again what would have to be done in fix a counter magnet on the back of the magnetic structure.A counter magnet with the correct magnetic field to negate the mains negative effects.

Just place the damn sub inn another position where it performs as good or close and enjoy the show.

I need to do something because the only place for it is under the desk. My main system is also in the same room and everything is shoe horned in so nowhere else for the sub to go. In its current location the only place to put the receiver is on the sub but I would assume this is a no no. If I can shield it somehow I can place the sub under the desk below the monitor which will give me better bass and allow me to place the receiver on a cabinet under the desk. Maybe if I get a bunch of these they might do the trick.http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

I'm getting good bass now by turning it a quarter turn and it is just barely far enough(by inches)from the monitor not to fool it up. It still leaves me with the sub as the only place to put the receiver. Will placing the receiver on the sub cause any problems? I've got some beanies ordered so we'll see how they do.9.gif

I agree with THEear's two suggestions... and both have functioned for many people with similar problems (often for using a matching non shielded centre). Given a choice though, I'd go with the bucking magnet... Very discrete and inexpensive...

FERRITE BUCKING MAGNET

The only catch is you have to open your sub to measure the magnet structure and to install the additional magnet.

Later...

Rob

Thanks for the input guys but I have all problems solved now. I literally did not have anywhere else to place the PW-2200 in the room because the computer that is attached to the sub is also in the same room as my main HT system. Having two surround systems in the same room along with couches and other furniture leaves me with zero space to place a sub other than under the desk or in front of a doorway. Of course the doorway is out and even though I was able to place the sub in a decent spot under the desk for sound I was still not happy because I had no choice but to place my receiver on it. So where did I place the sub? Under my SVS.9.gif Now I have both my PC surround system and my main HT system connected to both subs so no matter which system I use both subs are belting it out. The Paradigm also sounds better in this spot on its own and even better again combined with the SVS.