need help getting multiplayer game to work! HELP

tpg

This is really annoying me... A few of my friends and I are addicted to Age of Empires... and have always enjoyed playing online against each other. Recently, one of them got a new DSL modem (two of us have ADSL, one has cable). Now, he is on a Class C network while me and the other guy are on Class A (we have 64.xxx.xxx.xxx and 63.xxx.xxx.xxx, while he has 192.xxx.xxx.xxx). Is there some problem playing games like this if we are on different class networks? This is the only problem we can seem to think of... because all else is the same except for his modem and we cannot connect to him for anything. In other games (ie Counter-Strike, etc.) we can game just fine. What is going on here?

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Age of Empires...Have one or two of you gone to the zone or ESO and downloaded the patch and the others haven't? If so it will not work. Port Forwarding or setting himself up as the DMZ host could also be another problem. If he has XP then make sure the firewall that came with it is turned off (if you have another one). Any other questions message me I will try to help I'm no expert but I have dealt with this issue many times myself! 2.gif