Internal La Scala wiring change??? Suggestions???

Rudy81

I don't want to start WWIII on wiring. I am in the process of taking my slightly damaged La Scala apart and noticed the wires from the network to each horn is not what you call large gauge.

I am looking for suggestions of wire gauge to put in place of the stock wire, or shoould I leave it as is?

Should I leave the woofer as is, or remove the black connection strip that goes from the dog house to the top side?

Anything else I should do while I have the thing apart?

Thanks guys.

I paralleled 16 ga. wire in my Chorus II's.Drilled holes in the board and cleaned up around it. Put some sound deadener sheet on the horns. Finished putting foam on the sides and bottom as they apparently couldn't find enough. Did 1 speaker and compared at close range; 1 ear in 1,other ear listening to the other. About 75% of the time I could hear a definite improvement.

Thank you for the suggestions. After much reasearch, and soul searching, I have decided to leave them stock. I e-mailed Klipsch support and they convinced me that moving the tweeter forward would make mininal difference, so no need to risk cutting into the cabinet.

As far as wiring. The current wire is in good shape, no green oxydation, and so I will leave it alone.