center channel kv3

carlile

Two-way system using one 1" (2.54cm) magnetically shielded, polymer dome compression driver tweeter with a Exponential cone and two 6.5" (16.51cm) magnetically sheilded, poly cone woofers.

The word according to KLIPSCH.

Call 1-800-KLIPSCH and ask for parts maybe Bucking Magnets would be the solution. Even though they are shielded.

I once had the KV-3 and didn't have a problem with distortion to the picture.

For damage of the picture tube I'm no expert but I'd lean to saying yes and would remove the center until a solution is generated. Though tacky you could try elevating the speaker with books or some other device to distance the magnets from the picture tube.

The KV-3 is a great speaker...for budget minded Klipsch sound I use it in my bedroom. I would go the bucking magnets from Klipsch or maybe Radio Shack has these too?

Do not let it stay close to the TV for any long period of time if you notice the green blue effect drawn from the speaker...It WILL ruin your tv forever..

My 2 cents.

Somebody someday is going to make a mint making a fabric or material that still looks good that you can sheild Speakers and TV's from eachother IMO. Wow might be a great audio/ video idea...