Klipschorn speaker plans

betection

Fair warning here - The Khorn Bass Bin is a proper Bustard to replicate. Take this one on only if you are a very skilled woodworker with really good workshop equipment and have a really good set of plans. There is a site in either Sweden or Germany that offers a set of plans but one of our members (HDBRbuilder) who is a skilled woodworker and had worked for Klipsch for several years as a speaker builder states that those plans are inaccurate.

I frequently see plans for Khorns offered on Ebay but cannot comment on how accurate they are.

The SpeakerLab variation is supposed to be pretty good.

I make the mistake of adopting them to 3/4 inch ply rather than the specified 1/2 inch. I thought the original K-Horn was 3/4. Not so. This injected another layer of complexity which was unwarranted.

As stated by others, this is a demanding piece of woodworking. If you're driven to do this on your own, nothing else will do.

Gil

Actually if you look at the "Updating Older Speakers" forums... the plans have been posted in several threads including the Speaker Plans Thread Remember that HDBR's notes should always be taken seriously as he has the most experience building these cabinets around here.

The plans for the klipschorn in that thread are for the (what I believe are) SpeakerLab versions. I totally agree with the other posts about these being a real challenge to build.

Good luck...

Rob