Subwoofer Decision...

div2

Yes, I'm still trying to decide on a sub for my family room HTS; the room is @3400 cubic feet in size. Right now I'm considering the Hsu VTF-3R($849), Paradigm PW 2200 V2($600-demo), and the Velodyne CHT 15($600). WAF dictates no tubes. Any thoughts? TIA!!!

Thanks. The VTF-3 is the one I've been leaning toward. The AVS Forum has a deal with Hsu Research so that you can get a VTF-3R for the same price as the garden variety VTF-3. And thanks again; I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this board. I help out on a couple of car-related forums/mailing lists so I understand how much effort you expend to help us newbies.12.gif

No problem always a pleasure to help fellow audiophiles 1.gif

And BTW for music the VTF3 is a best buy,its very linear down to 20Hz.With corner loading the VTF3 has plenty of power and only Plus/Ultra SVS have more guts.In its price range the VTF3 is about as good as it gets.

div2, You will definitely be happy with the VTF-3. I have had mine for a while now and am constantly amazed at what this sub does.

Yes, TheEar has been a great help on this forum (as so many others) and has helped me in the past as well. He's a good egg.

2.gif

Take care all..

Mike