ksw-10 fuse where do I find one?

gumby

Hey I blew the fuse on my ksw-10 last night and now I can't find a replacement for it, the sub says to use only the same 0.63A fuse but nobody sells them. I went to a repair shop and the guy said a 1A fuse will work, and that you cannot buy 0.63A fuses aftermarket. Will a 1A work? and will this void the warranty if I do use it and something goes wrong?

I would appreciate some help on this.

• 4 weeks later...

Try www.digi-key.com

I don't know which one you have, here are three types:

5x20mm 0.63A 216 series ceramic body

P/N F911-ND

5x20mm 0.63A 217 series fast blow

P/N F943-ND

5x20mm 0.63A 218 series slow blow

P/N F973-ND

-Andy W

quote:

Originally posted by gumby:

Hey I blew the fuse on my ksw-10 last night and now I can't find a replacement for it, the sub says to use only the same 0.63A fuse but nobody sells them. I went to a repair shop and the guy said a 1A fuse will work, and that you cannot buy 0.63A fuses aftermarket. Will a 1A work? and will this void the warranty if I do use it and something goes wrong?

I would appreciate some help on this.

A fast blow fuse will pass two times its current rating for about 3 seconds. A slow blow will pass two times its rated current for about 8 seconds. Be careful to avoid interchanging fuses.

BTW, fuses usually blow when they are supposed to. That is to protect the equipment against more significant damage. Though a 1A fuse might work, if you've blown the original, smaller value fuse, it's somewhat likely you'd have too much fun with that 1A in there and potentially hurt something more expensive than a fuse.

Auto repair places are another good source for fuses. Take the old one in with you.