Help 16Watts and RF15

Bruinsrme

----------------

On 11/22/2003 9:20:41 PM Bruinsrme wrote:

I recently set up a plasma and it does not have speakers. For regular TV/cable viewing I hate to power up the system.

----------------

Oh come-on! Power up the damn system! I power up mine when I am just watching regular TV off the satellite 10.gif.

Seriously, about your question. I just wonder how "clean" those 15 watts are. Also, is that 15 watts going into 8 ohms? I haven't seen the specs on the RF-15s though, but I bet if those are 15 good watts going into 8 ohms, I think it would at least be worth a try. Didn't you have a spare pair of RF-3? Maybe I am thinking of somebody else.

I'd say it's worth a try. my RF-7's are connected to older carver amps with front panel watt meters. during normal listening the needles don't even move. the only problem you may have is that the 15's aren't as 'sensitive' as the 7's (102db to 96db) so yours will need more to run. I'd just keep the volume at a reasonable level.

I use a ProMedia PM 2.1 connected to my TV. Replaced the satellites with some older bookshelf speakers and put the sub in the cabinet beneath the screen. This works incredibly well when just watching regular TV. For movies, sports, DVD etc, I turn on the bigger system.