grille for belle

jdm56

Moderators and Whoever Else What Might Be In Position To Know,

Are black grilles, or for that matter, any parts at all still available for heritage speakers? I MAY have found a belle, but it has brown grilles - I gotsta have black!

Thanks Much,

------------------

JDMcCall

Al,

The picture looked fine to me. Thanks.

Geez, do ya think they used enough staples on that thing? cwm3.gif

Oh and BTW, how does your center speaker affect the overall bass performance of your system? Just "more", or does it smooth it out, too? I ask because in my room, my k-horns produce these two very deep, narrow notches at 50 and 80hz. But when I've experimented with speakers in that center speaker spot, they've seemed to boost AND smooth the bass response. But the quality of the bass they produced was not up to klipsch heritage level. So, I'm hoping the addition of a belle in the center will smooth the response and not muddy up the quality. Your experience would be appreciated.

Thanks,

------------------

JDMcCall

Howdy all,

My first foray into this BB so please bear with me.

I recently purchased a Belle from E-Bay to use as a center flanked by my (very) vintage K-Horns. The Belle had the cane cloth and my existing K-Horns were clothed in black. I purchased 2 yards of black ($20 per) from Klipsch. Arrived within a week.

The hardest part of the replacement procedure was removing the cane cloth from the grill wood. About a billion staples! Once removed, re-stapling the black cloth and re-assembling the Belle took very little time. Pretty much if I could do it in a day, I figure anyone could!

Hope this helps.

Jmon,

The grille cloth issue is on hold right now, as the owner of the belles I was interested in is holding out for someone who wants both speakers - understandable. But, at least I do have confidence that the material is available from klipsch, if I need it.

edwardre,

Welcome to the looney bin. It's fun and educational - I guess that makes it "edutainment". cwm32.gif And thanks for the info. I've never seen a "nude" klipschorn or belle, so I wasn't at all sure about how the grille was made.

------------------

JDMcCall

JD,

Sorry I didn't see you question aboutthe bass till this morning!

The Cornwall center definitely extended the bass down. I always had a problem getting the phasing right though. I was never sure if it was better in phase or out of phase! It's a moot point now though. The LF-10 sub is set to cut in at 100 Hz and it takes over from all three speakers.

Al K.