Anybody try Realtraps?

Colin

I haven't tried RealTraps yet. After reviewing their technical data, and speaking with Ethan Winer, I might give some of these a try. Ethan said you really need to use more than one or two. He recommended a minimum of 4 minitraps, preferably 8 or more (and I agree).

One aspect of these products that I like is that they apparently absorb more low frequencies than highs (like the polycylindrical Masonite panels I use). I don't have my panels stuffed with fiberglass yet, so they are probably not as effective on the low end as they could be. I'll be taking care of that this winter when I have to open up the wall for repairs. Two windows will be coming out when the siding gets replaced.

I still have a standing wave problem in one rear corner. RealTraps apparently has a satisfaction money back guarantee. And their minitraps in corner placement seem to have excellent (and increasingly effective)absorption as the frequency goes lower (fascinating).

And Moon.......Winer says he can still get the denser 705FRK rigid fiberglass. So you may not have to pack that stuff anymore!