RF5-RF7 Question

Quenten

Hey guy's, got my Sound Advice anniversery paper and there are the new Refs!!! Called them up and they are'nt in stock untill the 16th. Arrrrggg!

Anyway, I've seen a lot of posting on these babies, yet have'nt heard anybody comment on the build quality (wondering in the back of my mind about the KLF 30 problem). Are the backs going to come off of these or has that been addressed and how.

Thanks guys, 10 days and counting!

Thanks Phil,

I'm really looking forward to auditioning these things. I guess I'm wondering about how the joints are made and what kind of internal bracing they might have?

cwm12.gifI have to have something to ponder for nine more days!

Some time back there were some c/o the back panel becoming loose & vibtating. There is an incredibly long post about this (do a search). My understanding is (excuse me if I have misunderstood) that the joint was of questionable design and there was a bad batch of glue. I believe any problem was quickly fixed by Klipsch and generally people still love their KLF's.

Hence my concern r/t the new refs--I bet I will want these as my next upgrade, but don't want to go down that same road! If these puppies are as good as touted I could imagine having a pair(s) for the next 20+ years & I need a joint that will last that long.

Again, I know time will tell, but I want a pair before then...

8 days & counting!!!

The new Reference 3/5/7 use different joinery than did the Legend series. Also, multiple window pane internal braces are used to further enhance cabinet construction.

Rear panels are captured in the new construction so if any one is contemplating buying new Reference models and crawling inside to save on air fare, fageddaboudit.