1080i-720p

big c

I would think and assume nor wonder and without a reasonable doubt or ignore the circumtantial fact of the matter on hand witch was addressed in this forum that I would say with honor and great pride that I don't know the answer!

9.gif sorry

The 1080i would be the better,bigger the number the better the resolution.but on top of my head I really don't know witch tv would it be. 15.gif

----------------

On 11/28/2003 12:59:04 PM big c wrote:

Is there any tv that can play 1080i and 720p in its native resolution without up or down conversion.I understand lcds and dlps down convert 1080 to720 and rptv do the opposite.which resolution is better.
3.gif
----------------

Zeinth used to sell one that would do this. Unfortuntaly most HDTV's these days only do 540p and 1080i. They have even dropped native 480p support to cut costs. This is why it is very important to look closely at the specs.

Which is better 720p or 1080i? Well that really depends. 720p is more demanding on the hardware. Most people agree that 720p is better for sports and 1080i is better for films.

ABC and ESPN are broadcasting at 720p. NBC, CBS, PBS, and most others are broadcasting at 1080i. FOX is broadcasting at 480i widescreen. DVD's are 480p. So you see no matter what you are watching there is bound to be up/down conversion going on.

Laters,

Like someone said ahead of me, they say 720p is better for fast moving things. Most of the higher end tv you can select what format you want to watch. There is even some that will upconvert to 1080p. This is something to think about because when the HD dvd come out there is going to be progressive hd which will use this format. There still is a big war going on and you realy do have to look close at the specs to see what you are getting. In my area they are prodcasting FOX in 480p.