Belle for Center Channel 'tween Two Cornwalls

Chris Robinson

Well I just up'ed the ante ... I saw what appears to be a very clean walnut-oil Belle for sale on Ebay last night ... for $675 in supposedly mint condition ... in Philadelphia. I was surprised nobody was bidding on it ... so with 5 seconds to go, I threw in a $675 bid and it stuck. Was I nuts to do this? Why was nobody interested, at least as a gorgeous center channel?

I'm just finishing the design of the center section of my HT cabinetry and can integrate these dimensions into the design (BTW, after taking the Mrs. down to Tweeter to check out RPTV's, we decided to hold off and wait a few years ... I wanted to go 16:9 but most of the programming is still in 4:3 and the stretch mode just looks a little funny (the Pioneer's stretch mode is gorgeous but is also $7K!))

So now I almost have a Belle ... unbelievable. Anybody interest in my KT-LCR THX-rated unit before I put it out on Ebay in a few weeks? Will pass it along for what I paid for it (think it was around $350).

Let me know, and someone tell me I was nuts to pick up this Belle ...

(This is a copy of a previous post to my Heresy vs. KT-LCR string ... was just too old a string to be noticed)

------------------

Denon AVR-3800

McIntosh MC-2105 (Fronts)

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Klipsch Cornwall I's (LF/RF)

Klipsch KT-LCR ©

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

cwm41.gif

You are certainly not NUTS! I would have loved to have that Belle, as there had been another one very similar about 3 weeks ago, so I would have had a pair, but then, how often do single Belle's come up for auction. Besides, the shipping would have probably killed em both anyway.

I also have the Cornwall 1's for fronts and Heresy 1's for rears, with a C7 for center. Just got the Cornwalls yesterday, so I have not had a chance to put the system through the DTS test yet, but I blew the kids out of the house with the volume from the C/W's. This weekend for sure.

Now I just have to change my Cane grills on the C/W's to Black for the WAF.

Congrats on the Belle!

Jobman

Hey Chris......

Where were you last week?.....That same speaker was listed for $500 and no one bid on it so the guy relisted it at $675, which I thought was kind of funny since no one took it at $500.

But either way it is a good deal and it will sound great between your Cornwalls.

Good Luck

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

Music System:

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

Myram, so you saw that too, huh? I saw it but it was a reserve auction so I figured she had it set at $1,250 or so ... something reasonable. But when nobody hit on it, and I saw it come up a second time ... this time at $675, I figured, "Well, that's her reserve ..." Then I had the thought, "Nobody's bid on it ... what do they know that I don't ..." I figured, for $675 for that piece, well it's worth the flier ...

With all of us on this forum all the time, I figured we'd be all over it like flies on sh*t, but it was so quiet I just didn't know ...

------------------

Denon AVR-3800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Klipsch KT-LCR ©

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Chris,

I saw that belle both times, and even though SW Missouri is a good jaunt from Philly, I might have bid IF it had been oak. I've been looking for one since early April.

Congratulations on getting it. Enjoy!

------------------

JDMcCall

Hey Jobman, forgot to add that our systems are obviously almost identical (CW I's, H I's) and I couldn't be happier with the sound. Even the wife notices the difference which is pretty amazing. I just put on music and smile ... (good recordings, that is ...)

Speaking of which, have you heard any really good DTS recordings lately? My favs are Freddie Ravel (can't remember title off-hand) and Steely Dan's Goucho remix ... but I'd like to add to the collection ...

------------------

Denon AVR-3800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Klipsch KT-LCR ©

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub