Stanton Model 310 Phono-Pre

garymd

I was loaned one today due to the lack of dynamics my marantz phono stage is demonstrating. Is anyone familiar with this unit? It does sound a little better than the marantz but not much. I have it hooked up to the auxilary jacks. There are a number of dip switches in the back for each channel. What do they do? Also, if I set to flat I get no bass and lots of treble, set to NAB and it's kind of muddy (these are my 2 choices).

Any help would be appreciated.

Gary,

if you are cringing every time you think of spinning an album, how much did you like the Mac phono? I will probably never use the phono section unless someone gives me a turntable, so I would not be averse to sending it back to you if it would get you out of a fix. No way should you need to buy a phono preamp to use with the Marantz! The Mac sounds great, but I would feel better if it would provide a greater utility for you.

One of my friends in the old tube radio club here in town is restoring a Scott preamp (the one Craig loves) and wants me to run it in my system, so I would not lose any flexibility if I did send the Mac back. I love the walnut cage that matches the walnut Belles, but my days of unfettered listening will be few and far between. We are still at the tender years of the children pipeline14.gif

I am still interested in checking out the Jolida 1703 hybrid integrated three channel, and like a French pig snorting for truffles, I have found a blue light special on one. I won't pull the trigger unless my cousin decides he wants one of my Scotts, or if you could use the Mac. Just let me know whether this would be a good solution for you!1.gif

Thanks for the offer Dave but the marantz sounds so good otherwise, I think I'm going to have some work done on it. The mac did have a great phono stage but I think I'm hooked on the marantz. It's probably something simple and I'm going to let someone take a look at it.

The Stanton was just something to try in the meantime and I was curious about the features.

BTW - I'm sending you mail tomorrow. Hold off on what you're sending me if it's not too late. I'll email you shortly.

Thanks,

Gary