Drawing Up New Plans and Need Some Tips!

Ufdah

I'm in the process of drawing up some plans for a house I'm going to build this summer and could use a few tips. The things that are flexible on this plan are the ceiling height 9' or 10', the placement of the door on the west wall and speaker placement. Everything else has to stay, the wife has a lot of input on this therefore the limited changes. The purpose of this system is 90% movies, 10% abient music.

The speakers are:

KSC-C1 Center

KSB-1.1 Monopole Speakers (mains and surrounds)

Adire Audio Tempest Sub

With a H/K AVR-325 Receiver

If you have any sugguestions that would make things easier for me in the long run or make it sound better please let me know. The carpet will be shag and the walls are standard sheetrock with a very light texture. The ceiling does have a 1' raised tray as stated in the drawing. If there is something that would make a HUGE difference in the overall sound let me know and I'll see how she likes it...2.gif

Each square is 6"

ht_room.gif

post-13860-13819250594684_thumb.gif

• Klipsch Employees

Ufdah,

You have a better room than most. The way you have the system set up should work fine. The only problem is that you are using monopole for surrounds. In most HT this is not the best idea. They can be a bit to localized. However, if you have them use them. It cost less. The only other thing that comes to mind is the size of the room and speakers. If you like it loud, you may need more speaker....

Just a thought.

Congrats on the new HT and (?) house.

TC

Your room will look nice. The ceiling should not be much of a sound issue. Not like the openings to the side and rear. I am concerned how light this room will be being so open on two side and window. Also with it so open, I think Trey is right, your speakers may need a bit more bite to fill the vast openess.

Make sure you have support in your ceiling to hold your suspended speakers. Extra 2x4s are cheap1.gif

Also, I like to run conduit to my speaker locations, so I can repull wire in the future as needed. 3/4" ID PVC conduit is only a buck for 10 feet and is easy for 12GA pulls. I would even run conduit in your front wall to the speakers and subwoofers. I don't like seeing any wires in the HT's I build.

Congrats on your new home. Hope the build goes smooth.

JM