SVS B4-Plus Review"The Best!!!" HT & 2 Channel!!Photo's to come

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Finally I have had a little bit of time to play with my equipment, and start reading all the damn manuals to figure the proper set up of the B4, and I want to tell you guys that this sub is amazingly musical, AND the ultimate for HT. There is no way in gods green earth that I can use the K2 2500 watt on anywhere near max(I am such a wimp) but I am scared of breaking everything in my house, and scared of the WAF factor, She wants me to return it, says the sub will cause permnent damage to the house, and you know what, she could be RIGHT3.gif. This sub is as is says in the review, The Most Powerful Sub On The Planet For Home Use!!!The Darth Vader of Subs!!

Enough *****ing here, for the great news, I finally figured how to get the Bass managment working on the denon 2900 and started listening to SACD and Hybrids, all I can say is WOW, I just finished playing the Doors, LA Woman and when I listened to The Wasp I felt the bass in my bones, but a natural, smooth, just right sound, that was uncoloured and it sounded and FELT great2.gif. Before LA Woman, I listened to Steely Dan Gaucho, and the sounds just melted my heart...like I have a never felt before. But I have to tell you, I know my placement sucks for the sub is on an internal wall next to a ceramic wall and a fireplace with sliding glass doors. I fear the f/p doors may rattle apart and break! The ultimate was when I put on the 1812 overture, when the cannons blast WOW 2 Photo's fell off there shelves and the woofer must have come out 2" I felt like I was getting attacked, I listened to the 1812 without the sub on and I have to tell you the bass on the cornwalls are phenomenal by themselves, but with the B4 it really takes the experience to another level3.gif.

Keep in Mind this review is only from TODAY, the past is the past and I will not bring it up again.

I was trying to use the SPL meter from my listening area 12 feet from the speakers and 15-16 fett from the sub, since I am stupid and do not know what the hell I am doing, I will just say I was playing with it and put the range at 100(whatever that means) the response switch to fast, and the weighting switch to C, and during the Doors song The Wasp the reading went up to +5 on the meeter, what the heck does it mean,I KNOW IT WAS DAMN LOUD!! Any one or more of you please post how to use the meeter so I can report the finding in a more proper way.

NOW lets get to HT, I am sure you guys already know what I have found out, Man I have NEVER EVER in a million years felt the vibration thru my bones the this sub sends them.

I am going to post now and start answering questions, than get suggestions and I will try them before my wife and kid get back........so hurry please

Smilin again11.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/4/2003 6:29:04 PM NOSValves wrote:

Steve,

you should of never mentioned the 1812 overture here dude your on your own ! That is strictly multi channel land ! Heck mentioning a sub in the 2 channel forum can be dangerous
9.gif

Craig

----------------

Craig,

My 2 channel that I have going right now sounds amazing, I played all I mentioned in 2 Channel, with the exception of the movies which I have yet to mention. What the hell is wrong with adding a sub to a 2 Channel system?, does that mean it's 3 channel?

To bad. BTW I talked to Dave today from the Quad cities, He has the cornwall vault so ifr you think you want it I can arrange withj Dave to get it to you!

We talked for over an hour this morning and man is he knowledgable on cornwalls. He has been quite on this forum for a while, but boy he sure seems to know his stuff.

Anyway at least I am having a blast with ny NEW stuffand plan on having even more fun when you get finished with the AMPS. Boy oh boy are we gonna rock. BTW how may db was I playing at with the range at 100, the weighting on C, and the response on fast with a peak of +5.

Smilin Out10.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/4/2003 6:44:46 PM NOSValves wrote:

I don't think we will need the vaults will we ?

Craig

----------------

Only if I get the urge for the corns sooner than mid january, BTW tell me the level off the SPL meter before I go back and blow my eardrums out!!!

Thanks

3.gif

If your useing a Radio Shack SPL meter, I can help you as I own one myself. 60 range means it measures 50-70 dB, 70 range means it mauseres 60-80, 80 means it measures 70-90 dB and so on. You said you had it on 100 and it read 5 more, I belive that would mean 105 dB and yes, that is loud. Even at 30 Hz your haven't really pushed your sub yet. Hope this helps.

CD