Where is the RC-35

gunman45

I'm thinking there's a problem with the RC-35, as I recently had to return one for a faulty tweeter (or something), and there have also been several posts regarding a boxy and altogether sub-standard performance from this speaker. I'm eagerly awaiting the new run of RC-25's (to go along with my RB-25 fronts), and Klipsch says that they'll be shipping them out by Dec 8th, hopefully this delay is due to fixing some of the cited problems. Maybe it has something to do with the "2.5-way system" they describe in the technical details. Currently, I have a Klipsch SC-1 filling in the center duties, and it seems to hang very well with the RB-25's in terms of output and volume. but it's still a bit off in terms of timbre. I'll be selling it once the RC-25 comes out, if anyone's interested.

Y'know....I just recently ordered a set of RS-25's, and I read a review in Audioreview.com citing that same 'hollow' sound...a sound refered to by many as a 'coffee can' over the tweeter or something. So now I'm a bit worried. This is a pretty accurate description of what the RC-35 I had sounded like, and when I brought it back to the store and plugged it in, the sales guy (authorized Klipsch dealer) immediately said that the tweeter was not working correctly....he didn't even think about pulling the ol' "It sounds okay to me...are you sure you.....?" And he let me take home an SC-1 to use until the new RC-25's came in. So it WAS plainly obvious and I wasn't just being hyper-critical.

See, my RB-25's sounded fabulous right out of the box, which prompted me to get the new Reference series for the rest of my system, but so far, I'm batting .500. If you look through this forum, and some others discussing Klipsch speakers, there have been other users with this very same problem. I think it would be courteous for Klipsch to address this if there is indeed a problem with the initial release of some of these speakers, which seems to be the case. I would also think that the many loyal klipsch users out there would be patient and confident enough to wait for things to be ironed out....if we had a clue as to what was going on.